Bikram’s BEGINNER Yoga Sequence:
26 Postures | 2 Breathing Exercises
Energize, Relax, Heal & Revitalize from Head to Toe
Great for beginners and advanced students alike, Bikram Method Hatha Yoga is a series of 26 postures & 2 breathing exercises practiced in a heated room. Benefits of a regular practice include weight loss, improved muscle tone, stress relief, increased energy, and overall physical and mental well being. Safe and effective for daily practice, this class will promote steady physical progress of strength and flexibility, cultivate mental focus and discipline, and create a foundation for stillness and meditation in motion. Room is heated to 101-105 degrees for maximum healing and detoxifying benefits.
This particular sequence of postures, practiced in a heated room, is designed to stimulate blood circulation, your muscles, joints, organs and glands. The postures work synergistically to bring health and balance to every system of the body, and are suitable for those of all ages and ability levels. During a hot yoga class, freshly oxygenated blood systematically reaches every organ in the body, giving you a workout that addresses your whole self from the inside out. The sweat generated during a hot yoga class leads to detoxifying and purifying effects that will leave you feeling restored, revitalized and recharged in ways that extend well beyond the physical body. No matter what your fitness level or experience with yoga, a hot yoga class is designed to be a challenging, energizing, and healing experience . You will begin to experience benefits from the postures and the heat after just one class. Practicing a set sequence of postures will give you the opportunity to build confidence, strength and stamina, ultimately becoming a moving meditation synchronizing body, mind and breath.
A great class for those:
- Looking for a beginner’s yoga class!
- New to hot yoga!
- Looking for increased strength & flexibiltiy (it’s ok if you don’t have any!!)
- Seeking the benefits of relaxation and stress relief within a challenging practice
- Recovering from injury or surgery
- Managing chronic conditions , pain, or anxiety
Optimize your Hot Yoga experience:
- Come to class well hydrated: Good hydration supports the healthy functioning of all your body’s systems and makes the heat more comfortable! It is also a great healthy habit to begin, as most of us are not hydrated enough anyways to support optimum health.
- Come on an empty stomach: We recommend your last meal be consumed at least 2-3 hours before class. Healthy, lite snacks like fruits, veggies and nuts are ok 1 ½ – 2 hours before class. You will find out over time what works best for you!
- Come to class with an open mind and a positive attitude: As a beginner, you have the benefit of a fresh perspective. The best outlook for a yoga practice is to stay curious and open, so come ready to learn!
- Arrive on time!: Classes start on time and the doors lock and class time. Registration for brand new students closes 5 minutes before class time.