Our Vision & Studio Etiquette
At Yoga 365, you can expect a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere, free of judgment and competition. Our instructors are committed to your highest potentials and intentions, and aim to support you in whatever step of the journey you find yourself. In that spirit, we ask that you let go any of your own expectations when you walk into the studio and remain open to the instruction and guidance of our teachers. The practice of Yoga is ultimately a self-discipline, of both body and mind. Rather than expecting our surroundings to accommodate themselves to us, in a discipline we learn to adapt to our surroundings as we listen and learn. In this spirit of humility and listening, we are able to make true progress in our yoga practice and maintain a beginner’s mind.
Our fundamental aim at Yoga 365 is to establish ourselves in a steady, consistent practice. Yoga practice is not only for days when we feel energized, inspired and alive, but also for days when we feel tired, worried, anxious, unmotivated or even indifferent. In this way, yoga practice becomes an outlet for remaining present in the midst of constant change and facing whatever life brings us as a means of personal growth. While the physical benefits of a yoga practice are numerous and exhilarating—you will start to feel healthier, more empowered, and more alive after just a few classes—it is this ability to meet life’s challenges with increased presence, personal power and confidence that is the true gift of consistent yoga practice.
- Please arrive on time and be on your mat by class time; doors lock at class time so give yourself plenty of time to arrive at the studio. New students – registration for your first class closes 5 minutes to class time. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your first class to register and prepare yourself for class.
- Please sign in at the front desk prior to setting up your mat in the studio.
- Please keep all personal belongings in the cubbies/locker rooms outside the yoga room. Our front doors are locked during class times for your safety and the safety of your belongings.
- Please refrain from talking during class. All of our instructors are available before and after class and welcome and encourage your questions!
- Please no gum or glass containers in the yoga room.
- Please turn off your phone when you arrive. All cell phone use is to be done outside of the studio. No cell phones in the yoga room! Keep the yoga studio a sanctuary for yoga and meditation and a place to “unplug” from your everyday busy life.
- Please do not apply perfumes or scented lotions just prior to entering the studio, keeping in mind some people have allergies and/or odor sensitivities.
- Please maintain the spirit of Yoga and treat yourself and those around you with kindness, compassion and respect.
- Lastly, have fun and remember to breathe! Allow your yoga practice to be a space free of judgment or expectation.